Attorney David Nykanen provides exceptional skills and vigorous advocacy on behalf of his clients. His representation is backed by almost 20 years of experience in the property tax field, representing the owners of hundreds of properties. His experience and results have been recognized by his peers. Dave is a Council Member of the Real Property Section of the State Bar of Michigan. In addition, he is a frequent speaker before legal and trade groups. Dave has written numerous articles about property tax issues. As a result of Mr. Nykanen's experience, results, and legal writing, he has been recognized by his peers as both a SuperLawyer, and as one of the Best Lawyers in America.
Dave is a lifelong resident of Michigan, and resides in Farmington Hills with his wife and two children.
State Bar of Michigan
Business Law Section, Member
Real Estate Property Law Section
• Council Member
• Former Chair, CLE Committee
• Former Chair, Homeward Bound Programming
• Former Chair, Summer Conference
• Former Chair, State and Local Taxation Committee
Oakland County Bar Association
• Former Chair, Real Estate Law Committee
• Member, Legislative Committee
Wayne State University Law School, J.D. cum laude, 1995
• Managing Editor, Wayne Law Review
Oakland University, B.A. magna cum laude, 1992
• Recipient, Alfred G. Wilson Award, Outstanding Male Graduate
Member, Oakland University Honors College Alumni Advisory Board.
• Chairperson, 2009-2010
Member, Oakland University Political Science Advisory Board.
President, FFYS Boosters, Inc., fundraising arm of the Farmington Family YMCA Stingrays swim team.
Life Fellow, Oakland County Bar Foundation.
Michigan SuperLawyer, 2009 - Present (Real Estate Law)
Best Lawyers in America
• 2011 (Real Estate Law)
• 2012 (Real Estate Law and Real Estate Litigation)